Catawba-Piedmont Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery offers a range of skilled, advanced cardiovascular and thoracic surgeries. We accept patients upon referral from primary care or other physicians. Call 803-324-1950.
- Coronary artery bypass using endoscopic vein harvesting
- Valvular repair or replacement including bioprosthetic and mechanical valves and aortic allografts
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Excision of cardiac tumors
- Repair of atrial septal defects and ventricular aneurysms
- Ablation of atrial fibrillation
- Maze procedure
Uncomplicated coronary bypass patients may be discharged in three days with home health nursing and close outpatient follow-up.
- Surgical management of benign and malignant pulmonary lesions
- Diagnosis, treatment of lung cancer including mediastinoscopy and thoracic surgical resection
- Mediastinal mass excision including thymoma
- Assessment and management of pleural and chest wall diseases.